Saturday, February 14, 2015

Almost In My Dreams

Evey now and then I cross the border 
while I am almost completely awake
into the world of my stored dreams
my dreams that seem untouchable
sometimes I catch a glimpse of one
sometimes it's one, then another
Eating in yeshivish relatives house
and trying to escape via bathroom
Being in college and it feels so real
And in a dream cliche I owe work
Waiting at a small town bus terminal
for some small time undercover work
my old shul rabbi and me at a wedding
A magical bar full of great people
Almost missing a flight out of Israel
Starting over again in BMT/Gruss
These are the few I can touch now
Others will taunt me later, have before
Sometimes when they tell me that I can
Sometimes I want to live my dreams
Old dreams sticking tongues out at me
Letting me feel I will re-enter them
And then we go our separate worlds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home