Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Song For Natah

There are no wild animals on the roads. And yet I pray to You -oh G-d, to protect me from beasts and thieves.. They live inside me, roar and rob me.

I travel all the time, even while standing still. I travel through my moods, and through the places and atmospheres created by You. It is hard to awaken while walking. Like many people these days, I often walk in sleep. From deep inside me I need badly to stay alert. I am; vulnerable and shaky as an old chair.

Everywhere I go there are people. I turn to You to treat me kindly. I need to turn to them to treat them kindly. Talking a good game can be a game. G-d, please give me strength to do right during these in between times, times that define the worth of a man's life.

- July 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home