Saturday, April 1, 2017

Could I Go On And On?

Hunger gets in the way
of my stomach and of my soul
Longing for G-d and for food
I am choosing between the two
p
You crash at me and stop
then pull away, turn gentle
Or maybe it's me, walking into you
then turning around as you greet me
;
Sitting on a jetty at the edge of Ocean City
Thinking my city is always an ocean
I sit perched and yearn from a distance
for that sailboat spot beyond the sand and tide
l
I am tempted to go back home
where pancakes promise to comfort me
But how can I leave this Mikdash me'at
Why would I leave this heart of G-d?
l
David broke the news, my thunder
my soul thirsts for my living G-d
G-d hovers over our world
Is it wrong to sense He thirsts for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home