Sunday, September 24, 2017

Waning Tzom Gedalia

I'm sitting facing my screen
like an alien summoned;
not me as my highest self.

It's been a Jewish fast day,
now ending its last minutes-
slowly, slowly winding down.

Eating after a fast day
ends with one of those thresholds
with polarized pre and post.

And though I strongly protest
I must confess that I like
before way more than after.

I like having strong hunger
because it awakens me
out of being a zombie.

Right now I am craving food
or so part of my thoughts think
but more-so i long for G-d.

There are worse things I could do
than sit here in at-one-ment
postponing my break-fast meal.

This screen is a place of prayer
not the only one, but one
now, during these holy days.

So I sit here and I breathe
and I pray to have belief
on this threshold's other side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home