Saturday, December 7, 2019

Saturday Night: Eleven Forty-Five PM

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2004

Self absorbed Vin Scelsa keeps talking,
I tread the net and stop at Mimaamakim
"Idiot’s Delight" almost done I’ll need
distraction other than WFUV, because
"Group Harmony Review" isn’t my thing.
So I visit this old friend of a poetry site
while Elton says he hopes I don’t mind
and I write like a Billy Collins wannabe.
Filled from contentment of Shabbos rest,
I am disappointed my latest isn’t posted.
And Alejandro Escovedo sings of hands
as I notice eight mortgage ads posted in
spaces that should have held my poetry,
as Vin riffs of TV and the random FCC
and I prepare to post/publish these words,
my way of calling G-d out of my depths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home