Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Originaly Posted (written?) August 11, 2006

 

With Apologies (To Bob Marley)

I've been writing since I got here - here being Yerushalayim. But I'm skipping now to a poem I just wrote. The earlier ones are peppier.

What will remain
after the last backwards walk
away from these weeks
away from this wall
away from the breath
from the death from it -

What will remain
of my heart
and my head
and my soul
all on loan
will the truth live
be shown

Where will I go
when I leave here
why would I ever
leave home
I'm professional, older,
experienced, know more
but how much
how much have I grown

I sat in this park
many long years ago
and I wrote
of the page
being blank
now the page is
written on, folded
misplaced, been handholded
the page is now crinkled and dank

I wanted to end this
with breadth and breath
with scope and with hope
somehow I know I'll always
be one who goes up and goes down
one who struggles and gropes
so I pray that I always hold
on to this air
and remember Jerusalem
feel her and care

May we all blink
and find redemption is here
for you and for me
it will come
have no fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home