Tuesday, July 20, 2021

 40 Years On


I don't remember what game it was

But I remember playing it

It was girls against boys

They were trying to catch us

But no-one was running after me

Then one girl chased me for a bit

And I remain grateful today


-----------------------------------


Times and roles have changed

He thanks me and it throws me

And it breaks my heart

For I love his tenderness

Yet it's not exactly him


---------------------------------


We talk around things

Arguments about hampers

Are not about that

Things are metaphorical

While remaining what they are


--------------------------------


He tried to be kind

He tried to process the day

And then the sun rose

And he sighed and then he prayed

Then he ate and went to sleep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home