Sunday, October 29, 2017

Going to bed is difficult because I think I somehow hold up my world, if not THE world, by staying awake. (I don't generally think it's my job to hold up the world, only from midnight and on.)
Going to bed is difficult because there is always one more thing after my one more thing. (Somehow, I'm still that little boy wanting a drink of water and then a story and then the answer to a question, and then another. Though now it's one more comment on a post, one more email, one more must see Wikipedia entry.)
Going to bed is difficult because I fear I may never wake up, so I've got to put off sleep for as long as I can. (Though I never fear I won't wake up from a day time nap.)
Going to bed is difficult because my bed is empty when I go in, and still feels empty after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home