Monday, December 25, 2017

Neil Has Updated His Status

Lately I've been hiding from
Facebook, and my friends there
but it's no person who scares me
more that I fear setting boundaries

A wise woman once said that the path
to hell is paved with bad boundaries
and I say that we're moving targets
for the surroundings we must limit

And who I let say what to me
particularly speaking in my head
and treatment I say I deserve and
what I accept to be tasked with

These are all just arenas to play
a game called Set the Boundaries
and if I don't bring it I feel defeat
hitting this keyboard like lockers

So as I break my self set curfew
sitting here dreading the dotted line
between being awake and asleep
I say an unbound, poem prayer

As my blog is my witness, I
am ready to be ready to let
the boundaries I need get set
which now means going to bed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home